Random Thoughts

There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. --Albert Einstein

Friday, October 29, 2004

Late nights & tired thoughts

Well, I am officially extremely tired!! Had 3 hours sleep last night. Let me explain, firstly i stayed over in Melissa's room last night up at College. We stayed up talking until around midnight which was our first mistake. We had to get up at 3.45am to go to the prayer room at 4-5am. Unfourtunately, i'd forgotten to change my reminder on my phone for 3am to 3.45am, so i woke up to beeping at 3am and didn't get back to sleep... Now i am extremely tired and having a cup of coffee only so that i get through the night!

Mel and i had some really good talks last night. I'm so thankful for Mel, she sees a lot of things the same way i do, and when we do differ we respect each others opionin. Some how i don't think that tonight will be a late night. Everyone i know is pretty tired this weekend! We had our last game of netball for the season, and we had great fun, it would have been nice to win one of our games - but for a group with the majority who've never played before we're going really well.

The prayer room was really good. It was a little annoying that one girl was staying in the prayer room all week. So when Mel and i turned up at 4am this morning, we had to be very quiet because she was snoring away on the couch. We would have liked to play and sing like we did last time. But it was still really good. The prayer request board is filled with requests, the thanks board is covered in thanks, the graffiti wall is covered in praises for God! It is the most awesome feeling walking in there. Reading others notes and testimonies really helps you to keep your mind and heart open, and it challenges you.

Everyone is talking about the ASFA dinner for college. Some guys have plucked up the courage to ask girls they like, and it's really exciting to see the huge smile they're wearing. Really cute. I understand it's not everyone's cuppa-T, but for a lot of us, it's just a time to get dressed up and have fun with our friends. I really don't know what to expect of the night. I'm also wary of what will go around after the dinner. I think the majority of our group knows that Braden and I are just really good mates, but i know that someone will probably read me going with him the wrong way... Let's just hope it gets squashed very quickly!

Ah well, it's finally the weekend. Enjoy the weekend peoples

2 Comments:

  • At 12:16 am, Blogger Father Amadeus said…

    many people call my sister "mel" - reading your post made me think of her this morning and that makes me happy!

    :-)

     
  • At 12:01 pm, Blogger Sonja said…

    Kurt:
    I'm glad that in amongst my rambling you found something that had "meaning" for you. :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home