Random Thoughts

There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. --Albert Einstein

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

What's important to you?

Ok, so if you were faced with the dilemma of a burning house, 5 mins to get anything out that you could, what would you take?

It would be so hard to think of what to take. How to you measure what you treasure or value most? Things can be bought again and replaced, but memories cannot be. I think i'd take my computer and photo albums. They hold many memories that i would hate to loose. Then what? Would i take my formal dress, which has many memories attached to it, or the teddy that my best friend gave me, or my books?

It's interesting... Sit down for a minute and ask yourself what are the top 5 things that you would get. Does it reflect moments in your life, people or somethings else? How do you define memories? Do we need to have something that we can look at or touch? Or can we just simply rely on that memory of the event?



Anyway, i'm just really putting off doing my assignment! Hmm,I have 6 articles that i have to critique, each being at least 350 words, the assignment in total 3000 words. The subject? - Performance Management. You know, it's not really that bad. The last assignment was written in a day, was short or words and i still got a Distinction.. imagine if i actually do this assignment what could happen! lol

2 Comments:

  • At 3:07 pm, Blogger Peter Ansell said…

    i dont know what i would take... maybe this... maybe that... i guess i would decide when it happened... i don't hold sentiment to many things... i guess photo albums would be the only thing... but i don't even know where they are kept so i wouldn't know where to look for them... i would probably just throw the computer out the window... trust me... the really valuable bits like the hard drive should handle it... as long as you aren't more than a few stories up... of course the rest of the computer wouldn't be in such a good condition... memories are inside for me... lots of people just can't handle not having something to get outside stimulus from to remind them of events... but i can cope just having it inside... i guess the list of like 2 things instead of five shows how much i really think about sentimental things... life is constantly changing for me... i like to live in the present more than either the past or the future

     
  • At 9:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm, I've thought about this question before actually... Nothing on my list is there for it's monetary value because like you said, "stuff" is relatively easy to replace.

    1. Laptop/external hard drive
    2. Cds (my only copies of hundreds of photos...)
    3. A small stash of letters from the friends I love
    4. My wolf blanket
    5. My blue denim jacket

    Of course in real life, I'd just basically throw the entire contents of my room through the window as fast as I could!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home